Sunday 30 March 2008

20 - 28th February - Melbourne - Baxter - Foster - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

We got back to Australia, a little tired with a stop off in Auckland. My eldest brother needed some help after his father in law became quite sick. We were there to help. Typically, we can't be there being on the other side of the country, so it was good we were there. We hung out in Victoria and Tan got to go shopping which made her day. She bought 8 pieces of clothing in 30 minutes. A record!! After travelling out of a back pack for 8 months, she went really well.

After some time in Baxter, Tan and I headed home to Foster to see my mum, Rex the Cat and our cats, Mitchie and Soph.
We had a drive to Fish Creek and had some afternoon tea at the Flying Cow cafe.
I spent some time with my youngest brother at a local motorbike track, complete with kangaroos. Andy is a great rider and battled around the track on a gusty day.
It was great to see my family after eight months! Tan and I love them a lot.

After spending time at home, it was time to go to Perth. We overnighted in Melbourne, staying at a funky hotel with coloured louvres. We visited Chloe at Young and Jacksons and sipped champagne overlooking Flinders St station.
We had a walk through Federation Square and along Southbank, where we had a nice dinner.

No comments: