Sunday 30 March 2008

16th March, Perth - Sydney - Los Angeles - Vancouver

I had to go back to Canada to complete some consulting work. Tan and I got up early Sunday morning. It wasn't much fun saying bye to Tan, but the trip is only for three weeks.

In the tranist lounge, Ben Lee was hanging out and he caught the same bus as me. A chance encounter and it was a spin out seeing him again. In Sydney, I hung out in the lounge and took some shots of the CBD. It is amazing, both Tan and I have been to Sydney airport a number of times but never got out and visited it. Overseas, as soon as you say Australia, they say Sydney and then ask what it is like. It looks great (on the TV and magazines). We both agree Sydney is on our travel list for this year.
An overnight long haul flight and like ground hog day it was Sunday again, a function of travelling over the international date line. I arrived in LA, and grateful to see my bag come off the plane. Last time, LA lost my bag which pissed me off. I put my bag through connecting luggage and walked to another terminal to catch the flight to Vancouver. Ben Lee was in front of me in the queue at immigration. In the distance, I could actually see snow capped mountains!!

The flight was nice, seeing the Pacific Coast states of the North-West. Like twice before, I flew over the Cascades and got to see volcanoes. This time covered in a lot of snow and the surrounding lakes were frozen over. Cold! In comparison to the 41 C day in Perth last week this place has a big difference.
On arrival in Vancouver, I sorted out some immigration stuff and then I got that sick feeling. I had arrived in Vancouver but my bags hadn't. Now I'm a fairly relaxed guy but not having a bag of clothes in cold Vancouver made me feel very disappointed.

I have a little word of wisdom for you travellers out there.

STAY THE F*CK AWAY FROM LA AIRPORT AS THEY ALWAYS LOSE YOUR BAGGAGE!!

This is the third time in three months my bag has gone missing and it is the only pitfall in the fun of travelling!

Brendo cooked a great roast with fantastic gravy. Catching up with Leo, Andrea, Brendo and Lesley was awesome. Brendo and I ended up hitting the town until everything closed. I was a little tired.

It took four days for my luggage to turn up and I was mildly f*cked off with Alaskan Airlines and dreading going through LA on the way home.

It wasn't until the weekend, until Leo and I hit the turps. We had beers including the massive 250ml French beer called Boris. A group of ended up at the Copper Tank, which has lots of memories and then back at Jen's place where we played Rock Band on PS3. I am crap at the Playstation Guitar! Another late boozy night.

No comments: