Saturday 7 July 2007

3rd July - Vancouver (Dan) Syd-Melb-Perth (Tan)

Tan eventually made it to Sydney apart from the Air Canada flight being delayed which meant she missed the connecting Qantas flight to Perth. Not much fun going through a long flight and then finding out her connection has been missed. So a detour to Melbourne and a long wait and she was back in Perth. I got the text late at night saying all was okay.


Apart from all the sadness, I found out today that I was heading to Northern Saskatchewan around the areas of Stony Rapids, Points North and Wollaston Lake for field duties. So for me, I didn't want to be in Vancouver by myself and this was perfect. The fishing in the lakes in this area is reported to be fantastic. Look out for photos soon!!! The job is relieving on three different projects in different areas so there will be a mixture of float plane, vehicle access and helicopter support work. Best thing about this is I get paid to have fun. It’s a tough life and Tan can come up there to give us a hand. How awesome is this gig? Pretty good in our view.

No comments: