Tuesday 28 August 2007

13th August, Raven, SK

This morning a squirrel worked it’s way under the door and was running around the office tent. I gave it an awful fright and it hid under the fridge for a while. Something different.

Tonight we waited for Brendo to come down so we could go fishing. When the truck came and he wasn’t in there I quickly got Derek to catch the last hour of darkness. We drove down to the boat ramp at Hidden Bay and traversed the awesome parkland towards the Umpherville River as it flows into the bay. The river which I have mentioned before is very picturesque. Up to 40m in places and fast flowing over rounded glacial boulders. I got my feet wet again but casting into the rapids for grayling was lots of fun. We worked our way down to the end of a small island and casted into the shallows which eventually dropped off into the honey zone. It wasn’t long, second cast and Derek tapped into a monster pike!! It fought hard, had a little jump and I got most of it on video. When the monster come to shore it was a mad rush to get hold of it to calm it down. A few happy fisherman shots and it was back in. My Minor Bay 1-888- BIG – PIKE measuring tape got a work out and the fish was 35”. Nice.
I ended up losing my lucky lure, the one I got snagged seemingly a long time ago at Wolf Lake where I retrieved it in my jocks. Derek finished the night we a solid walleye. All in all a great night’s fishing.

No comments: