Tuesday 28 August 2007

25th August, Points North, SK (Dan) - Perth-Sydney-Honolulu-Vancouver-Toronto - (Tan)

Tan is in Canada!! Hooray!!! She made it to Toronto which is awesome. - More to follow from Tan's perspective shortly.

Tonight I went to Raven to say “C’ya later” to Duzza and Dan. They are going back to Uni soon. After some good tucker, Derek, Horn and myself went for a skate session. After all these years and me talking up skating Leo had never seen me skate. Before I even started I grabbed a few sheets of ply and stuck them behind the quarter pipe. Leo was a bit confused with this. I grabbed his old school deck with big wide trucks and starting tearing it up. One of my first tricks was a perfect frontside 50-50, 270 out to fakie followed by a couple of blunt tricks and a front side rock. Well then I was on fire. Backside 180 off the busted quarter pipe, followed by a fully tweaked Japan air. Next up, I pulled a belter of a melanchollie, ollie to sad air. To finish off my little spell a perfect one footer air followed by a gap ollie from one row of core boxes to another. That’s all I needed to do 1) because it took it out of me and 2) because I was bleeding from a gash to my hand from a spill. We skated hard with Derek pulling out massive finger flip tricks, big grinds and frontside 5-0 to tail, revert out. Leo was getting his 50-50’s and a few feebs. It was a great session and good way to finish my first swing in Saskatchewan.
On the drive back the moon was up but there was some weakly developed northern lights. They will be better when we return!

No comments: