Monday 6 August 2007

1st August, Points North, SK

Wes took Brad, Corey, Brendo and I out to Wolf Lake this morning. We had to check the rocks at the end of a diamond drill hole and drop off Brad to do a downhole geophysical survey. This area has a huge bald eagle nest in the highest tree on the highest hill. Getting to fly close to it was good. The weather was great and we got to West Bear to resample old core. I love flying in the helicopter and Wes does a great job flying it. We have got him to say “Wanker” which is very funny. The chats about random stuff in the chopper are entertaining. At West Bear, we had to unstuck loads of core and mark it up for sampling. Everything was going well until the boys disturbed a wasps’ nest. Well, I ended up getting stung on the right eye brow and it did hurt, a strong stinging sensation and it swelled up very quickly. Brad didn’t know why I went crazy and squashed the remainder of the nest with my gum boots until I told him that I just got stung.
The sunny day turned into a stormy day and we had a couple of retreats back to the old generator shack. It is empty now and it was great cover from the heavy intermittent rain. The frogs were out and about again. By the end of the day, the swelling had gone down and it didn’t hurt too much so I’ll be alright. The late afternoon sun peeked its head from amongst the clouds. The Pronto flight come in, a small prop plane which will take me to Saskatoon when I take my first (and only) break of the program. Here’s a photo of the plane (mainly for Tan’s – I don’t like little planes – benefit).
P.S. I got to clip my right middle finger nail today. Something I haven’t done since the 20th March when I ripped it completely off!!!

No comments: