Thursday 16 August 2007

8th August, Raven, SK

Busy day, sorting out rig stuff.

That afternoon, Derek and Heather (both geos) and I decided to take the quads on the ski-doo trails out to Lake Wollaston. Allegedly the tracks take you all the way out there. We hooked along and the trails became more overgrown and swampy. I was constantly pushing the quads out of the deep moss and muskeg. At one stage I was in past my knee in peat moss.

We traversed into deeper, more swampy and more overgrown area near the rim of the lake. It was that tight my fishing rod perched on the front of the bike hit a tree and broke 30cm below the ferrule. Oh well, such is life. After deciding to turn around which was a mission in itself we got out the mud hole and back to park land style tracks.
The quad bikes are fun but once again I was wet and covered in mud. We ended up fishing in the lake near the old camp and I caught one pike. The temporary fix up job on my rod was ordinary but it was still successful.

Up at 3:50am to check an end of hole.

No comments: