Friday 3 August 2007

26th July, Raven Camp, SK

A quiet day catching up on things and reveling in our glory of catching heaps of good fish, the night before. Mark was slinging gear again today which was an overcast cloudy day. Sent Brendo some photos and we got a call back very quickly. He was unhappy he missed out!


That evening we saw Mike cleaning up the plywood floor of an old tent site. A bit confused I asked him what he was doing. “I’m making a break mat.” Mike is a keen break dancer and thought he could practice on his own floor up here. We all chipped in and laid down two layers of carpet followed by two sheets of plastic. About five of us whipped it up in no time.

Mike got his tunes out and we started hitting the floor. Literally, hitting the floor. I’m not as bouncy as I used to be. Mike did some great moves, mostly heaps spins and few whips. My lowly back spin was pretty ordinary in comparison. It’s all about making your own fun.

No comments: