Tuesday 28 August 2007

18th August, Points North, SK

I was up early and had another trip out to the rig. The morning sun on the machine was very bright. I’m getting used to this flying caper. The other day I was reading about Midwest, a uranium deposit, a few clicks from Points North with a reserve grade of 5% uranium. Very nice. It sits under a lake and has recently undergone a feasibility study. The strip ratio is huge and it will be a 200m deep pit. I asked Wes to fly over it to check it out. Yep, it’s under a big lake alright. It’s going to fun to drain it.
On the back isde of Points there is a “grave yard “. Old buses, planes, demountables, mining equipment etc. All hidden away from prying eyes (unless you have a helicopter).
Got some logging in this evening, and reviewed the weak anomalism. Looking at the manual splitter, some thing I thought was obsolete, made me chuckle. I spoke with Matt and said “Don’t waste your time with that thing.” He is now going to Raven to split the core when he has the time.

No comments: