Tuesday 28 August 2007

26th August, Points North, SK - Dan, Toronto, ON - Tan

Up early to call end of hole and probe. It is getting cooler and the lakes all have fog on them first thing in the morning. As soon as the sun warms the air the wind starts to blow and the fog slowly disappears. The tool box at the rig was covered in ice. On the way back, Brian, the drillers helper spotted a moose. I want to see bears (now). The day didn’t get above 10 degrees and the wind was frosty. Beautiful weather for a northerner. I rang Tan to see how she went. Of course, she was on a movie set starring in A Lucky Charm, a Bollywood film in Toronto. How random? !!Tan can fill this in a bit more soon!!

Was a quiet day and ended up handing over to Horn with a walk along the airstrip. Points has some interesting sheds around, for instance the fusilage to a plane makes a great workshop. The ducks are starting to head south for winter. I will too! I caught my Pronto flight to Saskatoon with having a quiet beer on my mind. When I turned up the Prairie Elevator, bar and grill, was CLOSED!!! Another day without a beer won’t kill me. So all clean shaven, no mo or beard and I am parked up at the Saskatoon airport catching up on the blog. The new day will leave me in Saskatoon and on to the 2:00am direct to Toronto flight. The red eye!!!

No comments: